A carpet steam cleaner is a great gift for the extreme cleaner in your life. There are several reasons to buy a carpet steamer. Here are some reasons why:
- Arguably the #1 reason to purchase a steam cleaner is their ability to improve air quality inside your house or apartment. Steam cleaning can kill tiny bugs, and remove allergens, and other impurities from carpets and upholstery.
- Steamers are environmentally friendly and no chemicals are needed. Steam cleaning just uses water and heat to clean and sanitize surfaces. They don’t use tough chemicals like more traditional cleaning methods.
- They are the perfect tools to care for your floor. Steam cleaners are very effective at removing embedded sand particles, pet hair, stains, and other dirt that vacuuming alone cannot remove.
- They are cost-effective and easy to use. There are many vacuum-style carpet and upholstery cleaners available in the market today. Options you might want to look for are weight, ease of use, and size (smaller makes it easy to store.
- Steamers can prolong the life of carpets and upholstered couches. Steam cleaning paired with regular vacuuming can strengthen the carpet fibers and remove dirt that can damage and eventually destroy the carpet over time.
- Steam cleaners are advertised as versatile cleaners and can be used on carpets, upholstery, spot cleaning, and other surfaces including windows and car interiors.
- Spot cleaning is another task Steamers excel at. Steam cleaners work well on removing stains, spills, and ground in dirt from carpets and upholstery. Every household with pets and/or children should have one of these practical tools.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you choose to make a purchase using my link. There is no extra cost to you.
Many steam cleaners are lightweight and portable, making them easy to use and store. Carpet steam cleaners are practical and useful tools that can help keep carpets and upholstery clean and extend their lifespan.
Choosing the right carpet steam cleaner can be a bit overwhelming. Given the variety of brands, models, and features available in the market it might be hard to choose the right unit. Here are some elements to review before purchasing a carpet steam cleaner:
Cleaning power: Motor power and water temperature are the first things that need to be reviewed. The power of the motor and the water temperature directly affect the efficiency of the steam cleaner. Higher motor power and the ability to create hotter water make for a better cleaning unit.
Tank capacity: Tank size directly relates to how often you will need to refill the steamer. A bigger tank allows you to clean larger areas without stopping to refill the tank.
Portability: If you are going to use the steam cleaner for spot cleaning, cleaning the car, or cleaning stairs, consider a lighter and more portable model.
Accessories: Steam cleaners come with different varieties of accessories. You will want to find the accessories that you will use most. Some of these accessories include different nozzles, wands, and brushes, to clean different surfaces and hard-to-reach areas.
Price: Steam cleaners can range in price from under $100 to $200 dollars but some go over $1000 if you need a commercial-grade unit. Review your budget and match the features with the messes you think you will use the steamer on.
Reviews: Read customer reviews to see how the steam cleaner performs and whether it met their expectations.
By reviewing these factors, you can choose the right carpet steam cleaner to meet your prerequisites and budget.
Steam cleaners are versatile tools that can be used for an assortment of cleaning jobs. Here are a few things you can do with a steam cleaner:
- Sanitize surfaces: Steam cleaners can kill germs and bacteria on surfaces, making them wonderful for sanitizing bathrooms and kitchens.
- Clean floors: Steam cleaners can be used to clean and sanitize hard floors, including tile, hardwood, and laminate flooring.
- Remove stains: Steam cleaners can efficiently remove stains from carpets, upholstery, and other fabrics. They are great spot cleaners.
- Clean appliances: Steam cleaners can be used to clean kitchen appliances such as ovens, refrigerators, and dishwashers. Other cleaners may leave streaks and droplet marks but the high heat of the steam evaporates quickly leaving only a shiny clean surface.
- Clean grout: Steam cleaners can remove ground in dirt from the grout in your kitchen, bathroom, and other tiled surfaces, making it look like new.
- Clean windows and mirrors: Steam cleaners can be used to clean dirt and grime from windows and mirrors.
- Clean furniture: Steam cleaners can be used to clean and rejuvenate some types of furniture, including sofas, chairs, and mattresses.
- Clean pet cages: Steam cleaners can be used to clean and sanitize small and large metal wire pet cages.
- Remove wallpaper: Steam cleaners can be used to soften wallpaper glue for easier wallpaper removal.
Steam cleaners are versatile tools that can be used for many cleaning tasks around the house and business.
Here are a few places and surfaces that you shouldn’t use a steam cleaner on. Any surface that can be damaged by exposure to high heat shouldn’t be cleaned with a steamer.
- Walls and/or furniture coated in a water-based paint
- Unsealed surfaces like hardwood floors, marble, limestone, concrete, tile, or natural stone.
- Similar to unsealed surfaces, porous surfaces like cord, bamboo, paper, and cardboard should also be avoided.
- Continuing the theme, flooring containing cracks or gaps like parquet, which can be damaged from the high pressure and heat
- Deep-cleaning large areas of carpet…should be used more for spot removal
- Other materials to avoid would be delicate items, like silks, thin plastics, and velour upholstery.
Something else to consider when starting any steaming job is to always test a small section of the rug, upholstery, or other material to see the effects of the heat and steam. Better safe than sorry!
Overall, carpet steam cleaners are a practical and useful gift that can help keep homes clean and healthy.